How To Detail A Motorcycle
- Clay Bar & Rinse- You should first start off by making sure the motorcycle is contaminate free. You can decontaminate your motorcycle by using a clay bar and instant detailer solution on the paint, chrome, window, and leather of your motorcycle.
- Hard Water Spot Remover- After removing contaminants, apply hard water spot remover on any paint or chrome that has any hard water stain. Apply the hard water stain remover on the motorcycle using a microfiber towel. Apply light coats on problem areas only.
- Wash- Use a wash and wax solution of your liking and make sure to rinse all water spot remover chemical off your motorcycle. Make sure all is removed!
- Dry- Use micro fiber towels to dry off your motorcycle. A leaf blower can speed up this process.
- Polish- If possible, move your motorcycle to a shaded area or garage. Use a dual action polisher to wax the paint on your motorcycle. Apply chrome polish to your rims as well.
How To Polish Chrome On A Motorcycle?
Motorcycle Chrome Polishing
- Remove all contaminants from your chrome using a clay bar and instant detailer solution.
- Remove all water spots using hard waster spot remover.
- Wash off all hard water spot remover using a pressure washer.
- Apply a chrome polish of your choice with a microfiber towel.
- Use a micro fiber towel to remove any polish residue from your chrome.
Motorcycle Detailing DONT'S
Top 3 Motorcycle Detailing Mistakes
- Do not apply tire dressing to the middle section of the tires to avoid slipping while riding .
- Make sure you do not wash your motorcycle while the engine or pipes are still hot to eliminate potential water spots.
- Don’t leave any polish on any chrome or paint after polishing your motorcycle.